Well, dear readers, that’s it. It’s time to pack it in. Kill the whole thing. It’s time to disavow all knowledge of this entire blog, and end it. My parents have found out that the blog exists.
This post updates the story from here.
We had two trucks arrive, along with a neighbor who didn’t drive to the station first. We also had a neighbor from across the street come over to make sure that we were okay and offer to let us stay there if we needed. We thanked him but declined – the kids were asleep and we didn’t feel it necessary to wake them up yet.
It turned out that they could not find any carbon monoxide, but the CO monitor continued to signal, even though they reset it again. The firemen took it out and we will need to replace it again.
They were all very friendly, and under better circumstances, it would have been great to meet them. We’re all fine but it was a scary experience.